Reasons to See an Endodontist in Woodbridge VA
Endodontists can help with complex causes of tooth pain. They work to save our natural teeth. If you are experiencing tooth pain and live in or around Woodbridge VA, then Ideal Endodontics will be a better choice for you. We are located at 3102 Golansky Blvd, Suite 101, Woodbridge, VA 22192. For more information, contact us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Tooth pain can be debilitating, which is why it’s important to get issues assessed by a dental professional as soon as you start noticing them. While your dentist will be able to help in a lot of cases, some tooth problems can be complicated to diagnose and treat. In these cases, they may refer you to an endodontist, a dental professional with a specialization in the inner workings of the teeth.
An endodontist will utilize procedures to clean out the infection and when at all possible, save the tooth.
That’s where the professionals at Ideal Endodontics come in. With years of experience in providing specialized care and treatment, they’ll make sure that your dental pain is addressed quickly and dealt with effectively.
Endodontists are best known for performing difficult root canal procedures. This is the process of removing inflamed or infected pulp inside the tooth and replacing it with a dental filling.
While an endodontist is primarily recognized for their specialized work in performing root canals, they are also able to provide a wide range of other services. These include:
• Endodontic surgery
• Endodontic retreatment
• Addressing traumatic dental injuries
• Dental implants
While endodontists specialize in root canals, they are also fully trained to address a wide range of other dental issues. Their expertise makes them very skilled at attending to severe dental conditions, as well as providing complex treatment options such as:
• Endodontic Surgery – If your tooth is too badly damaged and no other treatment options are available, surgery may be recommended. Surgery can provide insights into your condition that went undetected during the initial exam and is generally recommended for those cases where a root canal isn’t a viable option.
• Endodontic Retreatment – This refers to the process by which previous endodontic work is either modified or removed to procure a better overall result.
• Treating Traumatic Dental Injuries – These types of injuries often happen unexpectedly as a result of an accident and end in a tooth (or multiple teeth) being chipped, cracked, or knocked out entirely. Endodontists specialize in treating these kinds of injuries and restoring teeth to their previous glory.
• Inserting Dental Implants – Sometimes, saving a tooth just isn’t possible. When your endodontist determines that an extraction is necessary, they will provide you with the necessary information and treatment plan to receive a dental implant. This is a replica of your natural tooth that is surgically implanted and provides the same look and function as a traditional tooth.
If you’re referred to an endodontist, it’s likely because you require a level of care that your general dental practitioner cannot provide.
Endodontists specialize in treating complicated tooth issues that affect the nerves, soft tissues, pulp, and roots. Their primary goal is to help preserve your natural teeth by coupling their advanced knowledge with the latest in technology for a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan.
While both general dentists and endodontists are dental professionals, endodontists complete additional schooling and specialized training to diagnose and treat conditions pertaining to the interior of the tooth. This additional 2–3 years of training grants them more knowledge and hands-on experience when it comes to treating the interior components of the tooth.
Those who are suffering from extreme tooth pain, complicated dental conditions, or who have sustained an injury to the mouth are often the first to be referred to an endodontist. If your dentist suspects that you have a dental condition that could be affecting your teeth’s pulp or roots, they may refer you to an endodontist for a more thorough evaluation.
Identifying problems early and seeking treatment increases the likelihood of success when it comes to dental problems. Ideal Endodontics operates with one goal in mind: to remedy your pain and prolong your smile. Contact us today to discuss your options or book an appointment. We are located at 3102 Golansky Blvd, Suite 101, Woodbridge, VA 22192. We serve patients from Woodbridge VA, Manassas VA, Dumfries VA, Lorton VA, Springfield VA, and Stafford VA.